This mod is intended to test out some of my crazier ideas. Feel free to contact me on discord if you have concerns or suggestions! Wonders and Crown Princes brings some notable adjustments to the standard balance of the game - i.e removing warriors, and replacing them with axemen, requiring a specific law for each wonder and giving factions one copy of their unique unit at game start and stregthening the tribal units.
- Renamed the heir to "Crown Prince or Crown Princess".
- Renamed Duke or Duchess to Prince or Princess.
- For all wonders, added a required law, removed civic costs and boosted their VP values.
- Added battering rams for all empires, unlocks with steel.
- Added Fire Ship, a milita sea unit. Unlocked with Forestry.
- Replaced Assyria's battering rams with a modified Warrior with rout.
- Buffed Walls, Moats and Towers to give more Defense and HP.
- Rebalanced all tribal units to be 5str to 8 str.
- Rebalanced all empire infantry units to be 5str, 7str or 9 str.
- Removed Warrors, and instead added Axemen as the early game unit.
- All empires start with one Unique Unit instead of a Warrior. I.E. Greece starts with one Hoplite unit.
- All units are visually smaller, and there are more of them to make it feel like you are commanding armies.
- All tribal elite unique units (Elite Huscarl, Elite Amazon Cavalry, ect.) buffed to 8 Str and can use promotions.
- Swordsmen moved up a tier in the tech tree to be more expensive to research.
- All melee units now take 4 damage when attacking instead of 1, and ranged unit drop off is -25% rather then 20%.
- All ranged line units get a 20% bonus when attacking melee units.
- All cavalry line units get a 20% bonus when attacking ranged units.
- Forced March now costs 150 Training.
- Characters can now have 4 strengths and 4 weaknesses, up from 3 each.
Promotion connected together into new upgrade chains:
- Bloodthirsty leads to Fierce and Horsebane
- Tough leads to Garrison and Besieger
- Herbalist buffed, removed Healer from promotion pool
- Tracker leads to Eagle Eye and Marksman
- Steadfast leads to Brave and Shieldbearer
- Brave attacks Arc. Shieldbearer attacks Forward.
- Heckler +20% defense if adjacent to same unit.
- Added Nomad (+20% Sand and +20% in Tundra)
Religions modified to make them feel more unique:
- Zoroastrian: Monestaries +training from adjacent shrines - Zoroastrian Ataskada - Cathedrals boosted by shrines.
- Judaism: Monestaries +civics from adjacent Pastures - Jewish Synagogue - Cathedrals boosted by courthouses.
- Christian: Monestaries +culture from adjacent Grooves - Christian Church - Cathedrals boosed by garrisons.
- Manichean: Monestaries +science from adjacent Libraries - Manichean Temple - Cathedrals boosted by markets.