Ratings are calculated using Evan Miller's method (based on a Wilson score confidence interval) that is self-correcting. This means that the % of positive ratings & number of ratings decide a mods position on the top charts. The benefit of this approach is a mod with 2 positive ratings will not outrank one with 10 positive ratings but 2 negative. Nor will a mod with tons of rankings outrank everything unless most of the ratings are positive.
Ratings range from overwhelmingly positive to overwhelmingly negative. The color changes depending where on the scale the mod fits.
Military-centric mod that creates unit specialization, diversification, and add dozens of new units and effects for a better, richer military experience.
Companion Mod: Dynamic World, Middle Kingdom Map (https://oldworld.mod.io/mapscripteastasia)
11 new units, 12 new promotions, and significant specialization rebalance for elite troops
Customized formations and visuals
New unit mechanic - stationary towers (30HP, 5-6 str, cannot move, ranged hassassment archers great at picking off weaklings and Zealots).
max level 10. Elite units are much more powerful than new recruits
New unit-generating improvements
Wartax and military specializations counteract peace-only strategies
Archtypes and families provide different wartime benefits
Promotions, generals and leaders have strong impact on units, making top tier elites fearsome and valuable
Defense, terrain, ranged support each play a critical role in a rich combat experience
Greatly expanded the use of splashing and other AoE, and other special effects of appropriate military classes
Tribal units are now fierce and able to hold their own against assaults from main Civs
Thanks for playing my mod, you can find me on the Old World Discord as Harry!#5866.
* Generals can now be wounded or badly wounded in battle, with a large variety of potential outcomes
* Militia units reworked to be more tactically distinct from melee infantry units
* Stronghold and elite officer now both grant a random promotion to units built in the city
Introducing the Carroballista, the horse-pulled field siege artillery. Str of only 4, requiring horse to build and won't be available until Battleline, this unit has one incredible trick up its sleeves: it attacks forward 3 tile at 200%, so while the enemy you aim at won't suffer much, those behind him are doomed.
A rebanlancing pass nerfing early game units and spearmen.
New units added! Strong, unique, and requires specific conditions to be built:
* Heavy Footman. Requires local source of ORE to build. Expensive, slow but strong. Strength: 5 HP:25 Movement and Fatigue limit: 2
* Palace Guard. Can only be built in the capital. Strong militia unit (requires growth instead of training to build). Strength: 4; starts with: Homelander (+5 HP per heal action); Movement and Fatigue limit: 2; cannot gain experience nor have general
* Warrior Monk. Requires an Elder Monk specialist to build. Strong melee unit requiring growth instead of training to build. Strength: 6; starts with: Panic; Movement and Fatigue limit: 3; maintenance costs civics and food
* Camel Archer stats modified to be in line with other archery-type (scattered shots)
* Added a new unit: Camel Lancer. Stats similar to base game camel archer and available at stirrup.
* All Camel units are now stronger in arid environment, and excel in desert
* Made militia much stronger in defense and added new trait to them
* Added a defense bonus against melee attack for units on hill
* Added naval combat modifiers (no more crashing chariot charges against ships!)
No mods were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the mod list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.