Military Unit/Combat focused mod for engaging and diverse war experience.
Companion Mod: Dynamic World
* Generals can now be wounded or badly wounded in battle, with a large variety of potential outcomes
* Militia units reworked to be more tactically distinct from melee infantry units
* Stronghold and elite officer now both grant a random promotion to units built in the city
* Naval combat revamp:
- Bireme now range 2
- Quadrireme (new unit): Strength 6, early game long range attack ship with AoE damage
- Trireme now HP 22, causes panic (and is the only melee naval unit left)
- Dromon: late game long range unit, str 8, HP 25, and is now a siege ship (no distance penalty, bonus against cities)
* Lowered HP of slinger, archer, warrior, spearman and pikeman to 18
* Increased Archer's splash to 50%
* Removed swordsman's infantry bonus
* Longbowman is now Str 5, Range 4, splash 100%, and HP 18.
* Maceman now attacks everyone around them (AoE: Circle)
* Introducing the Carroballista, the horse-pulled field siege artillery. Str of only 4, requiring horse to build and won't be available until Battleline, this unit has one incredible trick up its sleeves: it attacks forward 3 tile at 200%, so while the enemy you aim at won't suffer much, those behind him are doomed.
* Balance pass; fixed a bug and fine tuned some units
* Shifted military-related settings (such as hostile territory movement speed and city defense strength) from Dynamic World to this mod, while magnifying some effects
* Added a new promotion available to select units built by Commanders, Strict, Aggressive and Engineering leaders.
* Fixed a barbarian outpost upgrade bug
* Boosted Generals' effectiveness
* Added a Promotion from Scrub and cut trees
* Increase XP needed for promotion; max promotion now 6 (instead of 5)
* Camel Archer now costs more (to balance the newly added Nomad trait)
* Promotion rebalance pass; slightly buffed several of them.
* Added three new special units that can only be built under restrictive conditions:
* Heavy Footman. Requires local source of ORE to build. Expensive, slow but strong. Strength: 5 HP:25; Fatigue limit: 2
* Palace Guard. Can only be built in the capital. Strong militia unit (requires growth instead of training to build). Strength: 5; starts with: Homelander (+5 HP per heal action); Movement limit: 1; cannot gain experience nor have general
* Warrior Monk. Costs an Apprentice Monk specialist to build. Very cheap & strong melee unit requiring growth instead of training to build. Strength: 6; starts with: Panic; Movement and Fatigue limit: 3; maintenance costs civics and food
* Milestone release!!
* Slowed down barbarian site's evolution, but beefed up its defenses. Top tier barbarian cities are dangerous!
* Slightly nerfed Archer
* Camel Archer stats modified to be in line with other archery-type (scattered shots)
* Added a new unit: Camel Lancer. Stats similar to base game camel archer and available at stirrup.
* All Camel units are now stronger in arid environment, and excel in desert
* Made militia much stronger in defense and added new trait to them
* Added a defense bonus against melee attack for units on hill, and added naval combat modifiers
*increased units' food consumption costs
* balance tweaks based on feedback
* Updated AI to better utilize the new units
* adjusted (mostly buffed) promotions and effects, so the difference between new recruits and elite veterans are more pronounced.
* reduced elephant units health to 35
*Nerfing siege weapon's field effectiveness
Want elephants to have more health? Archers to scatter? Me too! Simple mod rebalancing existing military units to keep their overall power similar to base game, but emphasize each's unique attributes for a more diverse and exciting war experience!
NOTE: barbarians are buffed to slow down the early rush to barbarian sites. It's no longer easy to take down a couple of camps with a single early game unit.
Thanks for playing my mod, you can find me on the Old World discord as Harry!#5866.