Military Unit/Combat focused mod for engaging and diverse war experience.
Companion Mod: Dynamic World
Like my mod? Buy me a coffee!
* Drastically reduced injury chances
* Re-enabled varies AoE damage types that got disabled by backend changes
2.01 (Holy Cow! New milestone release!):
* Proper promotion names
* A new unit: the Recruiter (requires tech Doctrine; only buildable in cities with Wine. Warrior-level midgame unit that has a 50% chance to enlist on kills!
* Increased the effectiveness of Strike and a few other promotions
* Rebalanced specialty units
* Reworked nomad barbarians; be warned, they are scary as times goes on!
* All Elephants now heal 2 HP automatically
* Palace Guards are now melee units.
* Promotions tweaked; fast healing added to Herbalist promotion track
* Specialization: Chariots strength lowered, but are now a strong counter to all militia units; heavy infantry now a major counter to ranged units
* Siege unit and global modifier balance; defensive building changes
* Replaced all HP changes (which causes a UI bug) with defensive modifiers
* Elephants units now start automatically heal slowly (Herbalist)
* Balance pass for naval units; siege units; buffed Engineer trait
* Palace guards now get progressively more expensive faster
* Fierce generals will now push enemy units attacked
* Rebalancing pass through all the units to emphasize specialization
* Removed modded unit balance changes that had since been incorporated into the main build
* Temporarily disabled some early game unit changes that are known to cause the UI HP bar bug (until Devs fix it :/)
* Generals can now be wounded or badly wounded in battle, with a large variety of potential outcomes
* Militia units reworked to be more tactically distinct from melee infantry units
* Stronghold and elite officer now both grant a random promotion to units built in the city
* Naval combat revamp:
- Bireme now range 2
- Quadrireme (new unit): Strength 6, early game long range attack ship with AoE damage
- Trireme now HP 22, causes panic (and is the only melee naval unit left)
- Dromon: late game long range unit, str 8, HP 25, and is now a siege ship (no distance penalty, bonus against cities)
* Lowered HP of slinger, archer, warrior, spearman and pikeman to 18
* Increased Archer's splash to 50%
* Removed swordsman's infantry bonus
* Longbowman is now Str 5, Range 4, splash 100%, and HP 18.
* Maceman now attacks everyone around them (AoE: Circle)
* Introducing the Carroballista, the horse-pulled field siege artillery. Str of only 4, requiring horse to build and won't be available until Battleline, this unit has one incredible trick up its sleeves: it attacks forward 3 tile at 200%, so while the enemy you aim at won't suffer much, those behind him are doomed.
* Balance pass; fixed a bug and fine tuned some units
* Shifted military-related settings (such as hostile territory movement speed and city defense strength) from Dynamic World to this mod, while magnifying some effects
* Added a new promotion available to select units built by Commanders, Strict, Aggressive and Engineering leaders.
* Fixed a barbarian outpost upgrade bug
* Boosted Generals' effectiveness
* Added a Promotion from Scrub and cut trees
* Increase XP needed for promotion; max promotion now 6 (instead of 5)
* Camel Archer now costs more (to balance the newly added Nomad trait)
* Promotion rebalance pass; slightly buffed several of them.
* Added three new special units that can only be built under restrictive conditions:
* Heavy Footman. Requires local source of ORE to build. Expensive, slow but strong. Strength: 5 HP:25; Fatigue limit: 2
* Palace Guard. Can only be built in the capital. Strong militia unit (requires growth instead of training to build). Strength: 5; starts with: Homelander (+5 HP per heal action); Movement limit: 1; cannot gain experience nor have general
* Warrior Monk. Costs an Apprentice Monk specialist to build. Very cheap & strong melee unit requiring growth instead of training to build. Strength: 6; starts with: Panic; Movement and Fatigue limit: 3; maintenance costs civics and food
* Milestone release!!
* Slowed down barbarian site's evolution, but beefed up its defenses. Top tier barbarian cities are dangerous!
* Slightly nerfed Archer
* Camel Archer stats modified to be in line with other archery-type (scattered shots)
* Added a new unit: Camel Lancer. Stats similar to base game camel archer and available at stirrup.
* All Camel units are now stronger in arid environment, and excel in desert
* Made militia much stronger in defense and added new trait to them
* Added a defense bonus against melee attack for units on hill, and added naval combat modifiers
*increased units' food consumption costs
* balance tweaks based on feedback
* Updated AI to better utilize the new units
* adjusted (mostly buffed) promotions and effects, so the difference between new recruits and elite veterans are more pronounced.
* reduced elephant units health to 35
*Nerfing siege weapon's field effectiveness
Want elephants to be terrifying? Archers to scatter? Me too! Military-focused overhaul that keep their overall power similar to base game, but emphasize each's unique attributes for a more diverse and exciting war experience!
* Reworked majority of units in the base game to emphasize each military class's uniqueness
* Fearsome generals and veteran units; quality > quantity
* Reduced fatigue limit and movement range of many units to reduce alpha strike
* Dozens of new units, effects, promotions and traits
* Reworked strategic combat (city health, homeland bonuses etc.) that favor defensive war
* ...and much more!
Thanks for playing my mod, you can find me on the Old World discord as Harry!#5866.