The Maurya Empire was a geographically extensive Iron Age historical power based in Magadha and founded by Chandragupta Maurya which dominated the Indian subcontinent between 322 and 185 BCE.
Comprising the majority of South Asia, the Maurya Empire was centralized by the conquest of the Indo-Gangetic Plain, and its capital city was located at Pataliputra.
The empire was the largest political entity that has existed in the Indian subcontinent, extending over 5 million square kilometres (1.9 million square miles) at its zenith under Ashoka.
- Leader: Ashoka [HERO] (wife; Kaurvaki, 2 sons; Tivara & Kunala, 1 daugther; Charumati, Half-Brother; Susima, Father; Bindusara)
- Nation: Multiple Workers can build Improvements, -25% Cost for Elephant Units, -15% Train Time for Settlers & +1 Growth per City per Year - [All Cities] +15% Growth & +15% Training
- Starting Techs: Ironworking, Divination, Adminstration & Sovereignty
- Starting Laws: Primogeniture & Colonization
- Families: Assakas (Clerics), Shakyas (Champions), Ikshvakus (Patrons) & Vivasvanas (Sages)
- Unique Units: Rajha Gaja (turret elephant) & Ksatriya Arya Rathas (chariot archer)
- Unique Shrines: Shrine of Lakshmi (+2 Civics, +3 Money, +1 Growth & +2 Orders), Shrine of Rama (+5 Training), Shrine of Krishna (+2 Culture & +4 Food) & Shrine of Saraswati (+4 Science)
- 10 new indian male/female portraits (5 each)
- Until more indian portraits are added, 14 new vanilla persian male and female portraits are added to the pool
- Real City names, historical indian male and female names & a lot mapElementNames have been added
Mod compatibility with all my mods